Address: Côte d’Ivoire Abidjan Plateau
Phone: (+225) 58 43 43 40
BREIF HISTORY OF VOPE
Ivory Coast, like other countries has not been left out of the dynamics of the promotion of the culture of Monitoring and Evaluation, which is to ensure the sustainability of development, which has for a longtime been neglected in our country.
Aware of this defect, professionals and practitioners from all ranks in public administration, NGO’s ,research and training institutions, private sector etc under the influence of some development partners have come together to reflect on the problem of M&E.
From this framework came the idea of the creation of a national M&E network. This idea was concrete in 2004 by the creation of nation evaluator’s network, named Réseau Ivoirien de Suivi et d’Evaluation (RISE) which became formal in 2008.
RISE is a non-governmental reflection group. It is an organization of public utility, a political, non -denominational and non-profit. It brings together researchers, facilitators and field actors responsible for Monitoring and Evaluation concerned with the promotion of the Monitoring and Evaluation function and capacity building in Ivory Coast.
Profile OF VOPE
RISE is a non-governmental reflection group. It is an organization of public utility, non-political, non- denominational and nonprofit. It brings together researchers, facilitators and field actors responsible for Monitoring and Evaluation and the promotion of the Monitoring and Evaluation and capacity building in Ivory Coast. It is made up of:
Management and administration body of the RISE, the Coordinating Committee is headed by a president, is based on a permanent secretariat for the daily management of the network.
The Permanent Secretariat
permanent secretariat is the support structure for the actions of the coordinating committee
The Scientific Committee
Technical body of RISE, the scientific committee is made up of seven thematic groups namely:
- The Agriculture, food security, environment and sustainable development working group
- The Democracy, Citizen Participation, governance, gender and human rights working group
- The education, training, literacy, scientific research, work and employment working group
- The Health, Nutrition and HIV/AIDS working group
- Democracy, Citizen Participation, governance, gender and human Rights working group
- The capacity building and resource mobilization working group
- The economic Infrastructure, transport, energy, mining and ICT working group on
- The Legal Committee
- The Legal Committee is a support structure for the constitutional bodies of the RISE
- Promoting monitoring and evaluation culture for development in Ivory Coast, Africa;
- National Capacity building in Monitoring and Evaluation
- Contribution to the harmonization of professional standards and practices for monitoring and evaluation in Ivory Coast, Africa and the world.
SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES of RISE
- Promote the use of standards (strengthening the expertise and emergence of true evaluators profession)
- Valuing skills
- Facilitate the meeting between demand and supply
- Facilitate the exchange of information between members on one hand and the users on the other
- Put in place a framework for reflections
- Contribute to the strengthening of national capacity in Monitoring and Evaluation
- Develop methodological and practice standards for evaluation
- Contribute to the development of more adapted and efficient M&E tools and mechanisms.
- Provide consultancy support to users of these tools
- Create and manage a database on Monitoring and Evaluation Competencies
PRICES & AWARDS
Recognition by the Ivorian Government of the leadership of the RISE in promoting the culture of evaluation
Address: Côte d’Ivoire Abidjan
phone: +05 41 35 41
Names of Executives and their positions
|Prof. DIAWARA Adama||Presidentfirstname.lastname@example.org||(+225) 05494532|
|Mr OKOMA Mousso||Vice Presidentemail@example.com||(+225) 08958288|
|Dr COULIBALY Mamadou||Permanent Secretaryfirstname.lastname@example.org|