ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED!
The Board of the African Evaluation Association (AfrEA) in partnership with the Réseau Ivoirien de Suivi et d’Evaluation (RISE), African Development Bank and the Government of Ivory Coast are pleased to announce that the planning for the 9th AfrEA International Conference has begun.
The conference will be held in Abidjan, Cote D’Ivoire from March 11th -15th , 2019.
The conference acts as the foundation for promoting and advocating AfrEA’s “Made in Africa” approach, and allows knowledge sharing, collaboration and networking with a wide range of international organisations and individuals.
With a theme titled “Accelerating Africa’s Development: Strengthening National Evaluation Ecosystems”, the 9th AfrEA conference aims to:
- Support evaluations that contribute to real and sustained development in Africa
- Promote Africa-rooted and Africa-led evaluation through sharing African evaluation perspectives
- Encourage the development and documentation of high quality evaluation practice and theory
- Support the establishment and growth of national evaluation associations or VOPEs
- Facilitate capacity building, networking and sharing of evaluation theories, techniques and tools among evaluators, policymakers, researchers and development specialists.
In addition, AfrEA aims to empower members to influence national M&E system and policy in their respective states and represent Africa on the global stage of M&E.
You are invited to participate and attend this conference by attending as a delegate and/or submitting an Abstract for an Oral, Poster or Round Table Presentation as well for a Workshop. In the past, various African and international participants submitted and presented paper and poster presentations, chaired panels, and facilitated professional development workshops.
African Evaluation Association
Speaker Notifications – 15 February 2019
Early Bird Cut-off Date – 12 February 2019
Please Save the Date and visit this website for regular updates.
Tel: +27 21 836 8315
Fax: +27 86 565 8914