RWANDA MONITORING AND EVALUATION SOCIETY (RME)
Address: C/o of P.O.Box 1256, Kigali, Rwanda Email: Rwandaeval@gmail.com Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pg/RMESOCIETY/about/?ref=page_internal
The idea to form an inclusive National Monitoring and Evaluation Society(NES) was spearheaded mainly by IPDET alumni operating in Rwanda and actively supported by the Government of Rwanda in early 2015. On January 19th, 2016, the first meeting of M&E peer learning group was convened under the auspices of the National Capacity Building Secretariat(NCBS).
The first output of this meeting was the establishment of a task force in November 2016 which drew the roadmap of the NES and spearhead activities in that direction. Thus, on November 4, 2016, more than 90 high profile evaluation practitioners, evaluation commissioners, and evaluation users graced the occasion to officially launch the society.
RME is a Community of Practice (CoP) with individual membership comprised of Monitoring and Evaluation professionals and practitioners formed from the public sector, civil society, research institutions, the UN and the private sector. RMES’ mission is to cultivate the highest professional standards in monitoring and evaluation practice and theory through highly skilled and motivated members and promoting a nation-wide culture of using evidence-based data to inform decision making.
- National Evaluation Talks
- Co-hosting Evaluation Weeks
- Contributing to National Policy development
- Contributing to the development of M&E systems
- Networking and information sharing on evaluation matters
- Participating in local and international conferences
- Participating in evaluation webinars
- Members of Boards of Africa and International Evaluation Bodies
- Mentoring VOPEs in the Eastern Africa Region
- Participating in developing African Evaluation Standards
- Annual General Meetings
- Executive Committee Meetings
MINECOFIN, UNICEF, ENABEL, RDB-CDE, AFREA
NAMES & POSITIONS OF EXECUTIVES